Those who attend this Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course will:
Virtual Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course
Our virtual Negotiation and Influencing Skills training course is delivered in English and online via our conferencing platform.
Courses last around 4 hours and can be accessed on any device.
The Course Schedule
Here are the dates and times that we are running this online virtual course. To book, click a date and select book now.
Businesses today are always looking for ways to improve their bottom line and individuals looking to save money. An extremely effective way of achieving this is having the ability to Negotiate effectively and influence others.
Negotiation is fast becoming one of the most needed management skills of today’s businesses, and done effectively can save business £1000?s through effective contract negotiations, negotiating with suppliers or negotiating with peers or colleagues.
The idea behind Negotiation is coming to an agreement with another person or a group of people to come to a solution that is suitable for both people. Doing this off the cuff can be difficult, preparation is a must and having a process or methodology to follow will also help.
Influencing differs in that it is about bringing people around to your way of thinking. It can be used alongside Negotiation effectively to get to a win-win outcome.
This Negotiation and Influencing Skills Training Course looks at the skills, behaviours and tactics necessary to get to achieve all of the above.
- Demonstrate an increased understanding and awareness of what negotiation and influencing is
- Identify through group and individual activities the skills knowledge and understanding necessary to be an effective negotiator whilst developing your own negotiating skills
- Understand the skills required to Influence effectively to bring people around to your way of thinking
- Develop general strategies for successful negotiation and influencing
- Produce win-win resolutions for all parties
- Identify your own negotiation and influencing style and its potential strengths and weaknesses
What is Negotiation and Influencing?
- An introduction to what negotiation and influencing is and the main differences between them.
Preparing to Negotiate and Influence
- What to do before you go into a negotiation
- Determining your walk-away point
- Understanding the best approach for the people you will be negotiating with
- Preparations required to Influence
Making Your Proposal
- How to structure your proposal to ensure you sell the benefits
- How to counter-proposals from the other party
- Body language and tone of voice when negotiating
- How to bring people around to your way of thinking
- Getting to an agreement that satisfies both parties
- Being assertive during the process
- What to consider when making concessions on your part to get an agreement
- How to counteract arguments
- How to get to a closing point
- How to close the negotiation and ensure the relationship stays intact
- How to walk away