This in-house virtual Coaching Skills Training course will introduce a range of skills and approaches that can be used in everyday conversations as well as structured coaching conversations.
Delivered via conference and lasting 3 hours, our trainer will join you online to deliver the course, making this virtual Coaching Skills training course cost-effective and easy to arrange.
The Course Aims
In this virtual appraisal skills training course, we will introduce the skills, techniques and benefits of coaching.
The workshop investigates how behaviours develop in people and how using the coaching approach, can make long term changes to negative or challenging behaviours. We also look at how coaching can be used to develop long term action plans and improve individual and team performance.
The Course Objectives
Those who attend this virtual Coaching Skills Training Course will:
- Be able to describe the role of the coach and how and when to use coaching
- Be able to demonstrate the skills required of an effective coach
- Know how to use a tried and tested coaching structure that delivers results
- Know how to adapt your style of coaching to meet the needs of the individual and the business
- Be able to provide effective feedback to individuals that you coach
- Know how to drive actions and capture them in a development plan
- Describe advanced coaching techniques and demonstrate their use.
More Course Details
Here’s what we cover in our Virtual Coaching Skills Training Course:
The Role of the Coach and coaching
- What is a coach and what are they there to do
- What is coaching and the skills required of an effective coach
When to Coach
- When is coaching appropriate to use
- The differences between coaching, mentoring, buddying and counselling
Values and Beliefs
- How do values and beliefs affect behaviour and performance
- How can coaching help the person to realise they need to change
- What are the various methods of coaching
- How to adapt your style based on the business and the person being coached
- Developing a coaching culture in the business
- Introduction to a tried and tested coaching model
- Driving actions and setting objectives
- Providing effective feedback