This in-house virtual Business Writing Skills Training course will show those that attend how to produce well-structured business documents and emails that are professional, get the message across and generate engagement.
Delivered via conference and lasting 3 hours, our trainer will join you online to deliver the course, making this virtual Appraisal Skills training course cost-effective and easy to arrange.
The Course Aims
In this virtual Business Writing Skills Training course will look at tools and tactics to help you produce and structure business documents.
We look at how to make the written word sound positive and how to get the message across clearly. We’ll introduce you to simple methods to structure emails, letters and reports and how to make them look and sound interesting. We’ll also look at how to get to the point by getting your message across in the fewest words possible without sounding harsh.
The Course Objectives
Those who attend this virtual Business Writing Skills Training Course will:
- Be able to set an objective for written communication and write towards achieving it
- Be able to effectively plan for written communication
- Be able to keep writing short and simple
- Know how to apply structure to letters, emails, reports and other business documents
- Have a refreshed understanding of grammar and punctuation
- Be able to demonstrate the skills through practical exercises
More Course Details
Here’s what we cover in our Virtual Business Writing Skills Training Course:
- Looking at a range of communication styles and how this will help when using written communication
Using Plain English
- What are the benefits of using Plain English?
- The Fog index and how it helps with your written communication
- Writing tight-keeping things short and simple
Making Writing Active and Positive
- Keeping things writer focussed
- KISS – Keep it short and simple
Structuring Your Written Communication
- How to structure letters, reports and emails
- Best practice for letters, reports and emails
- Getting the grammar right
What is a Virtual Training Course you may ask? Rather than have our trainer travel to you to deliver a course, our trainer will join you via our conference system to deliver the course.
It means you can get your team together where ever they are based. You can get the team together in the same room. Or, have individuals join from where they are based.
Our Virtual Training Courses are short. Usually, no more than 3 hours and we deliver them in selected subjects.
Because there is no travel involved, they are very cost-effective and good for the environment too.
We’ve made sure that you don’t lose any of the benefits of having a trainer with you in the room. Our Virtual Training Courses are still interactive, come with training materials and also include exercises, case studies and discussions.
If you would like any further details about this course or book to have it delivered then please get in touch.