This in-house virtual Assertiveness Skills Training course will provide lots of tips and ideas to help you to communicate with confidence in both work and general situations.
Delivered via conference and lasting 3 hours, our trainer will join you online to deliver the course, making this virtual Assertiveness Skills training course cost-effective and easy to arrange.
The Course Aims
In this virtual assertiveness skills training course, we provide those that attend with the skills and approaches to communicate more confidently with others.
By understanding how to control emotions, attendees will understand how to have controlled conversations, demonstrate confidence and use these skills to build more effective relationships.
Alongside this, delegates will learn more about their communication style and that of others to help you deal with and reduce conflict.
The Course Objectives
Those who attend this Virtual Assertiveness Skills Training Course will:
- Be able to recognise Aggressive, Passive and Assertive behaviour
- Understand where being assertive fits into your basic rights
- Know how to adapt their style based on the situation they are in
- Have the confidence to challenge, push back, say no and ask for what they want without damaging relationships they have with others
- Know how to deal with confrontation and challenges in a confident manner
- Be able to apply the skills necessary to be more assertive
More Course Details
Here’s what we cover in our Virtual Assertiveness Skills Training Course:
What is Assertiveness?
- An introduction to what Assertiveness is and what it means
- Why be assertive?
Aggressive and Passive Behaviours
- Understanding what assertiveness is not
- Looking at gut reactions and controlled reactions
- Understanding the link between these behaviours
- Body language, language and words associated with assertiveness
- How to use different assertive skills and behavious and how to adapt them to different situations
- How to demonstrate confident communication
- Using controlled responses and not a gut reaction
Assertiveness and Relationships with others
- Understanding how our reactions can drive aggressive and passive behaviours in others
- Looking at your own style of communication and that of others to understand how to reduce conflict
- Asking for what you need and want with confidence
- Dealing with confrontation and challenges
Different Ways of Being Assertive
- Bill of rights – What is this and what does it mean?
- Broken Record
- I statements
- Power Words
- Giving feedback
What is a Virtual Training Course you may ask? Rather than have our trainer travel to you to deliver a course, our trainer will join you via our conference system to deliver the course.
It means you can get your team together where ever they are based. You can get the team together in the same room. Or, have individuals join from where they are based.
Our Virtual Training Courses are short. Usually, no more than 3 hours and we deliver them in selected subjects.
Because there is no travel involved, they are very cost-effective and good for the environment too.
We’ve made sure that you don’t lose any of the benefits of having a trainer with you in the room. Our Virtual Training Courses are still interactive, come with training materials and also include exercises, case studies and discussions.
If you would like any further details about this course or book to have it delivered then please get in touch.