This in-house virtual Appraisal Skills Training course will show those that attend how to conduct appraisal meetings that drive performance, motivate staff and build better relationships.
Delivered via conference and lasting 3 hours, our trainer will join you online to deliver the course, making this virtual Appraisal Skills training course cost-effective and easy to arrange.
If you are looking for a classroom based training course, visit the Appraisal Skills Training Course page on our main website
The Course Aims
In this virtual appraisal skills training course, we will look at the skills and behaviours necessary to carry out effective performance management and appraisal discussions.
The Course Objectives
Those who attend this Performance Management and Appraisal Skills Training Course will:
- Understand the different uses of performance management and appraisal processes
- The benefits of conducting effective performance management reviews and appraisals
- The skills required to conduct effective performance management reviews and appraisals
- Setting and agreeing on SMART objectives.
More Course Details
Here’s what we cover in our Virtual Appraisal Skills Training Course:
What are Performance Management Reviews and Appraisals?
- What are performance management reviews and appraisals?
- Why should we do them?
- What are the benefits?
- What are the Manager’s responsibilities during the process and meetings?
- What skills and behaviours are necessary to conduct them effectively?
Conducting a Performance Management Review or Appraisal
- Why prepare?
- How to effectively prepare for an effective discussion
- What information to gather and bring with you
Setting and Agreeing Objectives
- Why set objectives?
- What kind of objectives to set
- Using SMART objectives
- Where does feedback fit?
- How to give effective feedback
- What happens when feedback goes wrong
- How to discuss those difficult topics
What is a Virtual Training Course you may ask? Rather than have our trainer travel to you to deliver a course, our trainer will join you via our conference system to deliver the course.
It means you can get your team together where ever they are based. You can get the team together in the same room. Or, have individuals join from where they are based.
Our Virtual Training Courses are short. Usually, no more than 3 hours and we deliver them in selected subjects.
Because there is no travel involved, they are very cost-effective and good for the environment too.
We’ve made sure that you don’t lose any of the benefits of having a trainer with you in the room. Our Virtual Training Courses are still interactive, come with training materials and also include exercises, case studies and discussions.
If you would like any further details about this course or book to have it delivered then please get in touch.