This in-house virtual Appraisal Skills Training course will show those that attend how to conduct appraisal meetings that drive performance, motivate staff and build better relationships.
Delivered via conference and lasting 3 hours, our trainer will join you online to deliver the course, making this virtual Appraisal Skills training course cost-effective and easy to arrange.
If you are looking for a classroom based training course, visit the Appraisal Skills Training Course page on our main website
The Course Aims
In this virtual appraisal skills training course, we will look at the skills and behaviours necessary to carry out effective performance management and appraisal discussions.
The Course Objectives
Those who attend this Performance Management and Appraisal Skills Training Course will:
- Understand the different uses of performance management and appraisal processes
- The benefits of conducting effective performance management reviews and appraisals
- The skills required to conduct effective performance management reviews and appraisals
- Setting and agreeing on SMART objectives.
More Course Details
Here’s what we cover in our Virtual Appraisal Skills Training Course:
What are Performance Management Reviews and Appraisals?
- What are performance management reviews and appraisals?
- Why should we do them?
- What are the benefits?
- What are the Manager’s responsibilities during the process and meetings?
- What skills and behaviours are necessary to conduct them effectively?
Conducting a Performance Management Review or Appraisal
- Why prepare?
- How to effectively prepare for an effective discussion
- What information to gather and bring with you
Setting and Agreeing Objectives
- Why set objectives?
- What kind of objectives to set
- Using SMART objectives
- Where does feedback fit?
- How to give effective feedback
- What happens when feedback goes wrong
- How to discuss those difficult topics