When accessing the camera on Google Chrome you see an error – NotAllowedError: Permission denied.
This is a permissions error with a simple fix.
To correct permissions:
- Click the 3 stacked dots on the far right of Google Chrome to the right of the address bar (not to be confused with the 3 stacked dots that are in the top right of the dark blue screen in our system) Click Settings from the dropdown menu.
- In the new page that appears, click Privacy and Security from the menu on the left
- Now, scroll down the page to find Site settings and click this option
- Under permissions, find Camera. Click this option
- If you have more than one camera, ensure the correct camera is selected at the top of this screen
- Under the Allow section, look for https://virtual.skillsgarage.net:443. Click this
- Under Permissions, look for Camera and check that Camera is set to Allow
Now, refresh the meeting page and try to share your camera again.